Manathakali Keerai SoupJanuary 5, 2017
1 Cup whole Black Urad Dhal
2 Cup Palm Jaggery
3 Cups Water
250 ml Pure Cold Press Sesamme Oil.
- Place an Iron Kadai in the Stove, dry roast the Urad dhal until it turns little brownish.
- Once it cools down,grind the roasted urad dhal to fine powder.
- Mix the powder with water without any lumps.
- Switch off the stove place the kadai with the mixture and keep stirring in low medium flame.
- It will take 15 minutes,for the liquid mixture to turn out little thicker consistency.
- Add the sesame oil little by little and keep stirring.
- Oil will be oozed out after 10 minutes.
- Switch off and allow to cool
- Serve your family the Aromatic Ulundhukalee and Enjoy.
Tips and Benefits:
- It’s a healthy sweet with Palm sugar.
- Urad dhal has the Capability to strengthen your Muscles and Bones.
- UlundhuKalee is given to girls during their Puberty to strengthen the Pelvic(hip) Bones.
- Good to use always Urad dhal with Skin.
- Sesame oil is best but can be replaced with ghee.
- A pinch of dry ginger powder can also be added to it.
Where to Buy